To ensure that we are able to provide you with the most accurate quote possible, we require specific measurements. Below is a guide to help you get what we will need from you, and hopefully assist you in the process. Most of the time for double or single-hung windows, the top and bottom measurements are the same. You must always measure both top and bottom sash to see if sizes match or record both sizes.
Follow these steps to measure:
1. From outside the window, measure the width of the sash from outside edge to outside edge, and the height of the sash from top edge to the bottom edge.
2. Do not measure the glass opening or weatherstripping.
3. Some wood sashes may bow over time. You should measure in different places and use the most common measurement you get.
4. On cladded sashes, it is okay to measure from edge to edge of the cladding. We will size the wood frame to accept the cladding.
5. To measure double hung sashes, it is sometimes easier to tilt the sash in toward you inside the house to get a better measurement of the exterior side.
6. Use your width and height to enter in the corresponding size ranges on the sash quote section to get your quote. These exact measurements will be required at order stage.
• We accept edge to edge, net sash sizes only.
• No glass openings please.
• Take all measurements from the exterior side of the sash.
• We need measurements of each upper and lower sash for double hungs.
• Measurements are required for all quoting and order requests.
Download printable forms
If you do not have the measurements for your windows already, and it is more convenient to print them out and fax or email to us, please use the links below to download a .PDF of our quote form.
Download a printable single window quote form HERE